Moderatorzy: tadziu, kyS, thomas72

Gość-1147
Młodzik

Johannah Leedham

Postautor: Gość-1147 » 28 września 2010, 16:28

__ Obrazek

Johannah, witamy w Gorzowie!!!
[ http://www.dailymotion.pl/video/xezndb_ ... poyu_sport ]

Powiem tak. Na podstawie tego, co w internecie przeczytałem o Niej, zobaczyłem (jak Johannah gra) i czego posłuchałem (jak mówi), mogę powiedzieć, że już polubiłem Johannah (albo po prostu: "Jo" - jak ją w USA zwykli nazywać), mimo tego że na żywo jeszcze Jej nie widziałem.
Wygląda na charakterną dziewczynę i bardzo pasującą do "gorzowskiego" typu zawodniczki. Zanosi się na to, że będzie to podobny transfer jak było to w przypadku Katki, Ludmiły i Julii - czyli dobry albo nawet bardzo dobry.

Oto fragment wypowiedzi trenera repry brytyjskiej, Toma Mahera (datowanej na 13 sierpnia 2010):
"That's our star quality," he says, adding, "Mate, she's a world class player already."
"To jest nasza gwiazda (jakościowo)," mówi, dodając, "Ludzie, ona już jest graczem klasy światowej."
Niewątpliwie przesadził, ale coś w tym chyba musi być.

I sama Jo (też 13 sierpnia):
"I'm looking at places in Italy and Spain but there's nothing set yet - no offers on the table."
"Rozglądam się za miejscami (do grania) we Włoszech i Hiszpanii, ale na razie nic nie jest postanowione - nie ma ofert na stole."

[ http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_s ... 912039.stm ]

Gość-1147
Młodzik

Re: Johannah Leedham

Postautor: Gość-1147 » 08 października 2010, 21:19

Na stronie FIBAEurope ukazał się dzisiaj artykuł poświęcony Kimberly Butler (1982, 186 cm), reprezentantce Wielkiej Brytanii. Kim podpisała 17. września kontrakt z TTT Riga (w Eurolidze są w grupie z Wisłą).
Oto co Kim mówi o Jo.
"Johannah is extremely talented. Many see her as an unconventional player but that's how she sets her mark, she brings something different to the game. She's unpredictable, and that makes her hard to guard. Jo is someone you want to be playing with and not against."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gość-1147
Młodzik

Postautor: Gość-1147 » 08 listopada 2010, 11:04

Na pewno wszyscy jesteśmy mile zaskoczeni tym, że Johannah tak szybko zaadaptowała się w naszej drużynie i że gra tak dobrze. Pogrzebałem trochę w "historii" Jo i okazuje się, że.... "ten typ już tak ma".

Cztery lata temu - miała wtedy niespełna 19 lat - wyjechała z Wielkiej Brytanii (z miasta Ellesmere Port) do USA, by tam studiować na Franklin Pierce University w stanie New Hampshire. Rok wcześniej rozpoczęła tam studia Jennifer, starsza siostra Jo.

Swój debiut w uniwersyteckiej drużynie koszykówki Jo miała w pierwszym meczu sezonu 2006/2007. Mecz został co prawda przegrany, ale ze strony Jo było to prawdziwe wejście smoka (20 pkt, 6 zb., 5 as., 2 przechwyty). A Jennifer dołożyła 14 pkt.

Oto co napisano w relacji z tego meczu na stronie FPU:
"November 17, 2006 ___ Saint Michael’s Rallies Past Franklin Pierce, 70-50
-----------------------------
Freshman Johannah Leedham (Ellesmere Port, England/Cheshire Academy) led Franklin Pierce with a game-high 20 points (16 first half) in her collegiate debut, on 8-of-16 shooting from the field (4-4 at the line), six rebounds, five assists and two steals. Sophomore Jennifer Leedham (Ellesmere Port, England/Cheshire Academy) added 14 points (10 first half) and four steals, .......
"

A nazajutrz, drugi mecz i było jeszcze lepiej. Wygrany mecz oraz double-double Johannah (33 min., 27 pkt, 11 zb., 3 przechwyty oraz 3 bloki).
"November 18, 2006 ___ Franklin Pierce Rolls Past LIU-C.W. Post, 62-36
----------------------------------
Freshman Johannah Leedham (Ellesmere Port, England/Cheshire Academy) led Franklin Pierce with her first collegiate double-double as she notched season-high totals of 27 points and 11 rebounds to go with three blocks and three steals over 33 minutes of action. She connected on 11-of-17 shots from the field (1-1 from three point range) and converted 4-7 at the line, accounting for nearly half of the Ravens offensive output.
-----------------------------------------
while sophomore Jennifer Leedham (Ellesmere Port, England/Cheshire Academy) chipped in with nine assists. .........
"

http://athletics.franklinpierce.edu/spo ... bsmc111706
http://athletics.franklinpierce.edu/spo ... bliu111806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gość-1147
Młodzik

Postautor: Gość-1147 » 12 listopada 2010, 10:00

Johannah utworzyła właśnie swój blog, na którym zamierza pisać o grze w lidze polskiej i w Eurolidze.
Oto pierwszy, wczorajszy, wpis Jo na blogu:

LEEDHAM ON NEW LIFE IN POLAND
[ 11 November 2010, 3:57 pm ___ By GB Standard Life player, Jo Leedham ]
GB Standard Life player, Jo Leedham, has posted her first blog where she tells us about her new life playing in the women's EuroLeague.

So, the College basketball season has returned, and the games are just starting up, however, it has not returned for me.

After a fantastic season with my University team year, I then went on to join my national team for a fantastic summer, which saw us qualify for EuroBasket 2011 for the first time! I am very excited for our EuroBasket campaign next summer which is going to be hosted in Poland, where I had never even visited before, but now, it is my new home for this season!

I am playing for a team in Gorzow, Poland called KSSSE AZS-PWSZ GORZOW. This is my rookie season, and is also a new beginning in my life. I am excited to find out what the season will hold for me as an individual and I am ready to take on the challenges that will come my way on and off the court.

My club team plays in the PLKK which is the polish league, and also in the very well known EuroLeague. My team is really good and I like all of the girls, everyone is nice and friendly which is great when you are in a different place and English isn't the main language. All of my teammates speak English, obviously some better than others, but I think that they all can speak the language pretty well even though some of them would disagree!

I have been here for around six weeks now, and so I am all settled in. My parents have already taken a trip out here, which was awesome, as they helped me get settled and it is always great to see family, especially when you are in a foreign country!

Well, I just thought I would give you guys a brief lo-down into the new beginning of my life as a pro basketball player. Obviously a lot more has been going on, but I will fill you in next time, and talk more basketball and tell you about my team and some trips we have already taken!

But, for now, it is a short nap, then practice. (I know, I know, it is a hard life, trust me. But like my mum and dad tell me, someone's got to do it!)

Do widzenia, (this means goodbye, I think haha)

And by the way, I am pretty much fluent in polish, such an easy language…Not!

[ http://www.gameongb.com/news/2039.php ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gość-1147
Młodzik

Postautor: Gość-1147 » 30 listopada 2010, 13:39

Drugi odcinek blogu Jo.

LEEDHAM BLOGS ON POLISH POTTER
[ 29 November 2010, 2:36 pm __ By GB Standard Life player, Jo Leedham ]
GB Standard Life player, Jo Leedham is out in Poland, playing with women's EuroLeague side Gorzow. Here, in her second blog post she tells us about her team's week in the EuroLeague but also her Harry Potter 7 Polish experience.

Hey guys! So, the past couple of weeks have been very busy and I have been on the road quite a bit with some away games. We've had some really tough and important matchups recently, and have been able to secure some key wins which has been very exciting for me and the team! We secured a very important overtime win away in the Polish League in Krakow, against Wisla. They were unbeaten in the League up until that point, so winning that game was really great for the club as a whole as I think it was quite unexpected.
Our next game was in Valencia against Ros Casares, a very strong and successful Spanish side. It was a great game to play in, not only because was it broadcast on Eurosport 2 but, to be playing against such a powerhouse team was a huge challenge for us. Despite playing the team to a close game, we unfortunately were not able to pull it out the bag and came out seven points short.

Playing in EuroLeague is a completely new experience for me, and I love playing in these games; it gives me this nervous but excited feeling that I love! After the loss in Valencia, although disappointed, we were able to spend some quality team time, and hang out in such a beautiful place. I think my favourite thing about playing basketball is all the travelling that I get to do, and experiencing all the different cultures.

Even though I am in Poland, I did not forget that it was the premier showing of Harry Potter 7! Honestly, I can't even describe how many times I've talked about going to watch this movie, and finally getting to the cinema with my team mate, Sammie, was the best feeling ever! HOWEVER, let me tell you guys, after watching 20 minutes of awful polish ads, Harry finally comes on, and to our absolute horror, HARRY IS IN POLISH! It was probably the most devastating moment I have had over here, and Sammie and myself are still not ready to laugh at the situation just yet!! Of course my family found this hilarious and my Mum said it was karma as I had promised to watch it with her at Christmas, which I guess I will have to do now!

After my cinema disaster, I thought my week was on a downer. However, that being said, my team actually went on to secure our second EuroLeague win which was a must-win game for us against Orenburg. We were able to win the game by three, despite being down 10 at the end of the third quarter. Any win is huge in EuroLeague, and I hope we can continue this on and get our third win next week against Bourges!

So, it has been a busy week, with some ups and downs, but in the end it has been successful, and now the team is sitting in a great position in the PLKK and with some key games coming up in EuroLeague we are hoping to get some big victories! By the time I write my next blog, this place is going to be covered in snow, YIKES! Gotta love the polish weather I guess!!

Do Widzenia

[ http://www.gameongb.com/news/2064.php ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gość-1147
Młodzik

Postautor: Gość-1147 » 15 grudnia 2010, 14:52

Odcinek trzeci.

"LEEDHAM BLOGS ON EUROBASKET RESULT AND HEADING HOME FOR XMAS
[ 15 December 2010, 12:02 pm ___ By GB Standard Life player, Jo Leedham ]

GB Standard Life player, Jo Leedham, writes her most recent blog, updating us on her time in Poland and looking forward to a Christmas break.

Hey everyone!

It has been quite a hectic last couple of weeks, and as a team we have been a bit up and down. We have unfortunately had a couple of losses in the EuroLeague, which has not put us in the best position for qualification. However, if we win our next three games that should put us back up there, so we can bounce back! The game we lost in Italy was tough for us, as we had two of our starters out, Kalana Greene and Yelena Leuchanka. These guys are a huge part of the team for us, so to play in such an important game without them was very hard indeed. Even though we lost by 13 in the end, there were positives that we all took. The team spirit started to get a lot better and the positive energy was great, I think this was a good turning point for us as a team, and we are hoping to carry that through into the game in Czech Republic.

My GB team mates and I have anxiously been waiting for the EuroBasket draw and it finally happened on Saturday. Yelena, my Gorzow teammate who is from Belarus, said she had a feeling that our countries were going to be in the same group, and so did I, but much to our surprise we were right. I think overall we have a very tough group, but I didn't really expect anything less, whatever group we were placed in was going to be tough, so I am excited for the challenge in the summer!

My parents tell me that the weather at home in the UK is cold, but I see that Ellesmere Port isn't as bad as some other places with the snow situation, which is good news for me as the snow novelty has definitely worn off. The weather here is so cold I have been wearing my winter jacket since the beginning of November and I hate being cold more than anything. One day, when I finish playing, I will have to get a house in a nice tropical place, with lovely warm weather all year round!

I have yet to start my Christmas shopping, whoops, but I am planning to go straight to the shops on the 23rd after I arrive home in the morning, so if everyone in Ellesmere Port could avoid going the shops that day to make it less chaotic, that would be just great, thanks!

I am really looking forward to coming home because Christmas is my favourite time of year. I love getting to spend time with my family and getting presents, although everyone knows it is about the giving NOT receiving! I have a busy week ahead, with a crucial game on Wednesday in Czech, and then a game on Friday against Utex Row from the Polish league, the PLKK. Hopefully we'll win our next three games, so we can finish on a high to go and enjoy some much needed rest and family time.

Oh and lastly, I just wanted to mention that I CANNOT believe Rebecca didn't win X Factor! I was so gutted for her! Everyone knows that the NORTH is way more talented than the south in everything ;), come on guys get it together would ya!

Do Widzenia!
"

źródło: http://www.gameongb.com/news/2097.php

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gość-1147
Młodzik

Postautor: Gość-1147 » 14 stycznia 2011, 15:55

Odcinek czwarty.

LEEDHAM BLOGS ON FIRST GAMES BACK AFTER FESTIVE BREAK
[ 14 January 2011, 12:58 pm ___ By GB Standard Life player, Jo Leedham ]

GB Standard Life player, Jo Leedham, updates her blog on life back in Poland after her Christmas break and the upcoming games her team faces next.

Hey everyone!

So, it has been a tough couple of weeks here back in Poland. First, I forgot how difficult the language barrier was for me after being back at home in the UK, and secondly, I came back to being the only import player here! Two of my teammates have left the team due to various circumstances and our Aussie point guard is currently having visa problems.

The two players we've lost were not only good friends, but also two of our best players and unfortunately they have both gone to the top two teams in the league, imagine that!

Since being back, we've been able to grab a win in the Polish League. The win was good for us as a team as it put us back on the path we need to be on and also gave many of the player's confidence which is always a plus.

Unfortunately however, we also recently suffered a heavy defeat in EuroLeague to Ros Casares, which was very tough for us. We played without our center due to sickness, and our team is very limited right now. Girls that haven't played all year are now starting to see some time, which on the positive side is good for their experience and development.

Right now for me, this has been very challenging mentally, and has definitely been the hardest test for me as a player, but these are the times that will make me stronger mentally and as an individual.

We have a long trip coming up which will see our final test in EuroLeague when we travel to Russia next Wednesday. I think I am going to have to pull out all my warm clothes for this trip as all my teammates keep saying how cold it is there!

I have been keeping myself busy and active with my Xbox Kinect which my parents got me for Christmas. I am hoping to become a pro in Sonic Rivals and Harry Potter, I just wish that in the Harry Potter game you could say the spells as well as waving your wand, that would be awesome!

Well, now I am off to play some Sonic. Hopefully I'll be blogging about some more wins next time!

Bye for now,
Jo

źródło: http://www.gameongb.com/news/2127.php

-----------------------

Gość-1147
Młodzik

Postautor: Gość-1147 » 24 stycznia 2011, 15:55

Odnotowuję dla porządku.

Leedham opuszcza Gorzów Wlkp.
2011-01-24 14:58

Zarząd klubu AZS PWSZ Gorzów Wlkp. informuje, że z dniem 24 stycznia 2011 r. rozwiązano za porozumieniem stron umowę z Johanną Leedham.
Powodem rozwiązania kontraktu były problemy zdrowotne zawodniczki.
[ Informacja prasowa ]

źródło: http://www.plkk.pl/index.php?p=news&id=6331

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wróć do „AZS-PWSZ Gorzów Wlkp.”