Candice Dupree

Jeśli Twój zespół nie ma jeszcze osobnego podforum, pokaż w tym dziale, że na to zasługuje!

Moderatorzy: sawa_JGora, ludzik76, Platini, Moderatorzy

Awatar użytkownika
garnett
Junior

Candice Dupree

Postautor: garnett » 04 grudnia 2007, 16:15

Dupree: Damy z siebie wszystko!

Candice Dupree wreszcie odnalazła się w Krakowie i powoli wyrasta na liderkę zespołu. 20 punktów zdobytych w Poznaniu, 13 w pojedynku z chorwackim Jolly Sibenic i 14 „oczek” na koncie w meczu z drużyną UTEX-u ROW Rybnik. - Zaczęłam grać agresywnie - zdradza receptę na sukces Amerykanka. Czy swoją doskonałą skuteczność potwierdzi także w starciu z Bourges Basket? Przekonamy się już w środę.

- Byłaś najskuteczniejszą zawodniczką w meczach z MUKS-em Poznań i UTEX-em Rybnik, a także jedną z najlepszych w spotkaniu Euroligi z Jolly Sibenic. Nie byłaś w pełni zadowolona ze swoich początków w Wiśle, a teraz jesteś jedną z najskuteczniejszych zawodniczek. Co zmieniło się w Candice Dupree?

- Po przyjeździe ze Stanów Zjednoczonych musiałam przestawić się na nieco inną grę i oceny nie były dla mnie sprawiedliwe. Celem jest przede wszystkim dobro drużyny, a ofensywa rządzi się swoimi prawami. Od pewnego czasu zaczęłam grać bardziej agresywnie i częściej prowadzić piłkę, stąd moja lepsza gra.

- W jednym z wywiadów wspomniałaś, że należy popracować nad komunikacją. Na parkiecie widać już, że nowe zawodniczki - poza Tobą, Pałką czy Fernanzdez - doskonale wkomponowały się w drużynę.

- Myślę, że tajemnica tkwi w „chemii” zespołu. Jest wiele nowych zawodniczek i potrzebowałyśmy czasu, żeby wszystko zaskoczyło i żebyśmy mogły razem skutecznie grać.

- Wisła ma wyrównany skład. W każdym meczu ciężar gry może wziąć na swoje barki inna zawodniczka.

- Tak, jest wiele osób w drużynie, którego mogą przewodzić zespołowi w kolejnych spotkaniach. To bardzo ważne, ponieważ nie jest dobrze, gdy wszystko zależy od jednej zawodniczki.

- W meczu z drużyną z Rybnika zdobyłaś najwięcej punktów dla Wisły. Było to trudne spotkanie, czego nie oddaje wynik. Przeciwniczki osłabły w ostatniej kwarcie.

- Przed meczem trener uczulał nas na to, że to bardzo dobry zespół, mimo, że są beniaminkiem w ekstraklasie. Trudno było się przełamać, ale wyszłyśmy z dołka i przejęłyśmy kontrolę.

- Po lidze czas na Euroligę. W Chorwacji drużyna ciężko pracowała, grała dobrze, a jednak pechowo przegrała. Tylko jednym i aż jednym punktem.

- To był dobry mecz. Popełniłyśmy za dużo błędów w obronie i pozwoliłyśmy im na zbyt wiele wejść pod kosz. Przed nami nowe spotkanie, a o przeciwniczkach nie wiemy zbyt wiele. Będziemy o tym rozmawiać na wtorkowym treningu, obejrzymy nagrania i przeanalizujemy ich grę.

- Grupa Wisły w Eurolidze jest niezwykle wyrównana. Każdy może wygrać z każdym. Tym bardziej, w kontekście rywalizacji o awans, trzeba walczyć nie tylko o kolejne zwycięstwa, ale także o każdy punkt.

- Przychodząc tutaj nie wiedziałam, że gra opiera się są na punktach i na tym, ile ich zdobędziesz. Wszystkie mecze w Eurolidze będą trudne, to są świetne zespoły, ale musimy dać z siebie wszystko.

- Możecie obiecać kibicom zwycięstwo w środę?

- Może jeśli dowiem się czegoś więcej o zespole rywalek, ale dopóki nie mam takich informacji, nie mogę niczego obiecać.

Rozmawiał Damian Juszczyk

(Biuro Prasowe Wisła Can-Pack)

Awatar użytkownika
ann
Administrator

Postautor: ann » 27 maja 2008, 16:19

Candice też bloguje :wink:
Fajnie pisze o końcówce 7 meczu o powitaniu na lotnisku.

Whirlwind takes Dupree from Poland to Windy City

By Candice Dupree
Special to ESPN.com

What's up, everybody?! I will be blogging for you throughout this WNBA season. Now for those of you who don't remember, I did this for ESPN.com back when I was a senior in college. You all seemed to enjoy it then, so let me catch you up on some of the recent happenings.

I spent the entire offseason playing for Wisla Can-Pak in Poland. Some of my teammates might be recognizable to you: Kara Braxton, Anna DeForge and Marta Fernandez. We spent the season as one of the top two teams in the country, always ending up having to play the Polish team from Gydnia called Lotos. That team was pretty stacked as well with Chamique Holdsclaw, Alana Beard and Sky teammate Dominique Canty.

When it came time to playing for championships, it was always Lotos standing in the way. So picture this: Game 7 of the Polish League finals -- winner takes all. We're down by four points with three seconds remaining. Anna gets fouled for some reason and gets two free throws. She makes the first and then confers with us about what to do with the second shot. We told her to miss it. Now what happens next is absolutely mind-boggling to me. I mean, really, Anna? You really missed your free throw so perfectly that you got your own rebound and dribbled behind the 3-point line in the corner to throw up a prayer? That went in?!?!

I'm not going to lie -- I thought we were over and done with on that second free throw. So we ended up going into overtime and we won the Polish League Championship. I was also named MVP of the finals. Then it was time to celebrate the win … at the airport! What better way to celebrate than to have Kara lead our Polish teammates in the Soldier Boy dance! Too bad she was the only one that could actually hear the song on her iPod! No wonder they looked a mess. See for yourself on www.youtube.com.

So after missing nearly all of training camp, for good reason, it was time to head back to the States. I made it home to Florida for a couple of days and then it was time to pack it up and head to Chicago. After a few days of practice, it was finally game time. Our first game of the season was on the road against Seattle. Going on the road during my first two seasons was fun, but with the group of characters that we have now, there will never ever be a dull moment. Armintie Price and Sylvia Fowles together are hilarious! When we arrived in Seattle, we all decided to go to dinner at Benihana's as a team, coaches included. Definitely something we've never done before, but it was good fun and nice for us all to get together like that. And if [coach] Steve [Key] is going to continue to pick up the tab at dinner, then we might have to do this team stuff more often.

Too bad the game didn't go as well as dinner did, though. We played decent up until the third quarter, and then Seattle turned it up a notch. Our mini-runs weren't enough to get back into the game and we ended up losing by six points. The good news was we had almost a week to iron out some kinks. The bad news was we had almost a week before our next game. That meant just practices and no games. UGH!

The home opener against Sacramento was great. We had a pretty good turnout, considering it was a Thursday night. As a team, we redeemed ourselves from that Seattle defeat. Everyone played really well, especially AP. Before the game, they unveiled a Rookie of the Year banner to honor her achievement from last season. Big Syl also played very well in her first game at home. She seemed to be very comfortable and at ease during warm-ups. I was also able to redeem myself from my poor shooting performance in Seattle, where I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I finished the game perfect from the floor, but I only had one measly rebound. For real? Had to be a typo or something because I know I got at least two rebounds!

Once again, we have almost a week off again before our next game. Until next time, keep the Sky in mind!

-- Candice

http://sports.espn.go.com/wnba/news/sto ... ree_080526
Jeśli ktoś w Krakowie zapyta się za 20 lat: kim była DeForge? Odpowiedź będzie tylko jedna: wielką zawodniczką!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ABk7vDous

Eve
Młodzik

Postautor: Eve » 08 grudnia 2008, 12:37

Dupree Update From Tampa

Hey Sky fans!!! I hope all of you are doing well. For those of you that don’t know, I have yet to make it overseas. Due to passport issues I was unable to make it over there in time. Luckily, I just signed a contract with my former team Wisla Can-Pack in Krakow, Poland. I’ll have the opportunity to play with Dominque while over there. So I am pretty excited about that. I tend to stay pretty busy with basketball all year round. This is the first time in a very long time that I have had this much time off. And I am BORED OUT OF MY MIND!! I miss playing and can’t wait to head out after Thanksgiving. I will say that I did have a chance to make it to Jamaica!! I had a blast. I went to Jamaica with my mother which made it even better. It was nice for us to be able to spend so much time together and actually take advantage of my time off. Plus I brought an awesome tan back with me to the states.

Right after the season I spent most of my time settling into my new house down in Tampa, Florida. I am about 20 minutes from my mom so she has been a huge help throughout my new adventure in becoming a homeowner. Who knew that furnishing a house would be so costly and time consuming? I am having fun with it and I thoroughly enjoy having my own space. Aside from spending time at home I have gone and visited some friends in other states.

Last week I had an opportunity to go to Chicago and spend some time with the staff from the Sky and do an appearance for Nike. I always enjoy spending some time with them and giving them a hard time. And I know for a fact that they enjoy it just as much! Right Ronnie? The Nike appearance was a lot of fun. A new Footlocker “House of Hoops” store just opened outside of Chicago. I was given a tour of the store and of course couldn’t leave without buying something. I’m a sneaker freak, so I enjoyed every minute of it. After roaming around the House of Hoops, I accepted a $5,000.00 donation on behalf of the Sky Cares Foundation from Nike. I also had the opportunity to meet and speak to Steven A. Smith, Terry Crews (the guy from “White Chicks”), Ron Harper, and a couple other former men’s basketball players. I always enjoy meeting new people and listening to there experiences as a basketball player.

To round off my weekend in Chicago I went to a Bulls game. I figured I’d go show my support since some of their players always come to our games.

With all that being said I hope all of you are having a great offseason. I can’t wait to get back on the court in Chicago this summer! I hope you all have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

http://www.wnba.com/sky/news/Dupree_Upd ... Tampa.html
Wszystko można osiągnąć, gdy człowiek sie uprze i wytrwale dąży do celu... Takie cuda zdarzają się codziennie...

Wróć do „Inne kluby”