Sandra Le Dréan opuszcza USVO

Ligi Europejskie, Euroliga Kobiet, EuroCup Kobiet, ME oraz pozostałe rozgrywki.

Moderatorzy: ann, Ałgaja, bart_81

Awatar użytkownika
jimmy
Senior

Sandra Le Dréan opuszcza USVO

Postautor: jimmy » 18 kwietnia 2006, 18:50

bardzo ciekawie zapowiada się przyszły sezon w Czechach... może Praga zwabi na dłużej niż miesiąc Cheri Sam :wink:

USK Praha play second fiddle to EuroLeague Women winners Gambrinus Sika Brno but it may not be that way for much longer.

At least that's what Praha coach Lubor Blazek will be hoping after French star Sandra Le Dréan's decision to join the Czech club for next season.

Le Dréan, a French international, said on www.usvobasket.com: "After six fantastic years in Valenciennes and after winning so much - and the season is not over believe me - I have had this opportunity to play abroad.

Sandra Le Dréan has been with USVO since 2001

"I have always thought it is good to go through such an experience in one's career.

"I am 29 and it is time for me to do it, but I will leave a piece of my heart behind me.

"I wanted to play in a European club last year but I was not ready. This time, I need to be unsettled and to come out of my comfortable life with Valenciennes.

"I want to make the most of this experience which will allow me to discover another culture and meet new people."

That is music to Blazek's ears.

His team competed in the EuroLeague Women this season but did not make much of an impact.

They are currently engaged in a best-of-five play-off championship with Gambrinus and are almost certain to be brushed aside in three games after falling 84-38 in the opener.

There are four first-team players who are unavailable for the finals.

"It is great to have her in the team," Blazek said of Le Dréan's arrival next season.

"She is great player with a lot of experiences and I know that she will help us a lot."

Janell Burse, who averaged 16.9 points and 9.6 rebounds in the EuroLeague, will also be back next season for Praha.

Le Dréan said: "US Praha will keep their key players and try to unsettle Brno as well as progress in the EuroLeague.

"Prague is also two hours away from Paris and I was told it's a magnificent city."

Le Dréan played for the European team at the EuroLeague Women All Star Game.

USVO president Christian Lecoq could not hide his sadness at seeing one of his most talented players leave the club.

"After everything she has given to the club, the least (we could do) was to accept her choice," he said.

"She is a fantastic person and a great player. USVO remains her home and the door will always be left open for her."

Le Dréan, who turns 29 next month, averaged 12.1 points, 4.3 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game this season in Europe, helping USVO reach the EuroLeague Women Final Four.

They were beaten in the semi-final by eventual champions Gambrinus.

"Next year, the club will cope without her and will try to remain one of the best in Europe," Lecoq said.

źródło : www.fibaeurope.com
Cellar Door
No chyba że tutaj są emeryci, renciści, bądź inne osoby, które mają nadmiar czasu wolnego i szperają od A do Z
Obrazek

Wróć do „Rozgrywki w Europie/ME”